Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

LOVE: all things before and after.

You know what I love? Seeing renovations happen. I am a h-UGE fan of before and after pictures. Mostly I look for room renovations, not because I'm looking to change my own room, but really for the fun of it. I love seeing a room go from messy, to organized. Or from blah, to VOILA. It's just so satisfying seeing the final product right next to the original. And it's so inspiring. The things you can do to an ordinary room, or an old chair or dresser! Jeeesh. Makes me want to start experimenting myself! Here are some really cool before and after's from design*sponge:

An super boring, fairly old, slightly ugly dresser....

Turned into a super adorable, very fun, chic chest of drawers. I LOVE!
(before and after from Kristen Fountain Davis of kfd designs)

And some totally 70's, not so attractive, gray circular chairs...

Turned into a totally FABULOUS, asian inspired toille, brilliantly blue chair. So awesome.
(before and after by Jamie Meares of Furbish Studio)

I just want to find a yard sale tomorrow and begin a project!

Here's my favorite before and after for the week:

OLD HOUSE
DREAM HOUSE.
A front porch and a garden. And a yard to last for days.
This house was featured on Country Living. It's located in Upstate New York (YEE-AH!)... Isn't it glorious?
Check out the full renovation project here.

1 comment:

alm. said...

oh my, i want that house.