Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

fenway.

Today at KAP we took a field trip to.... FENWAY PARK! Home of the good ol' Boston Red Sox. I have been to Fenway numerous times before to see the Sox play (thanks to other people giving me tickets they cannot use) and it always is a super time. But the Fenway Park tour is a really cool experience in itself because you get to go inside the park while it's empty and sit in seats you could only dream about sitting in while it's full. For one thing, I got to go up in the green monster seats and pretend like I got lucky enough to actually afford them. They are awesome. We walked around the perimeter of the park while a really funny tour guide, who reminded me of one of my uncles, made jokes about the yankees and told us weird/interesting facts about all the details behind America's most beloved ballpark.

Overall I would recommend this tour to others; however, there are two things I would add to make it extra great:
  1. They should totally bring you behind the scoreboard and let you peak out of that little hole between the ball and strike count (I've always wondered about that).
  2. You should get a free Fenway Frank to eat while on the tour... seriously.
The whole tour experience is really cool. Just being inside and seeing all the pictures and memorabilia is worth the $12 ticket. What a history. What a team. GO NATION.

No comments: