Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

the headband.

Who loves wearing headbands? I DO! I just think a headband adds a little pop to any outfit, inevitably making the wearer look adorable. And who doesn't love to look adorable? The headband is such a classic look too. So timeless.


This headband, worn by Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf, is particularly stunning (I'm obsessed with the dress too!). The beautiful pink orchard headband by Jennifer Behr unfortunately costs $225... so I think it's a little out of my price range. Boo.




The J.Crew headband to the right is more realistic for me as far as price goes. It's from crewcuts (and it fits!) and is super fun! I wonder though, can I pull it off? It is pretty extravagant, which kind of makes me nervous. But it's just so... adorable. I want it.




This tortoise shell headband is almost a daily staple for me, although it's not exactly the most exciting of the bunch. It's just so classic you absolutely cannot go wrong. My only complaint with headbands would be the headache I sometimes get when I wear them all day. I've found that the thinner ones are less uncomfortable, but some of the thick headbands are the cutest. I've recently become a huge fan of the "scarf" look,which is essentially a headband made to look like you wrapped a pretty scarf around your head. So fun and great for a day at the beach when you want to keep all the wispy's out of your face! Hooray for the headband!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also an enormous fan of the headband. I was told at work to stop wearing one as people said it made me look extremely young. However I think the flower and the scarf options are good options as they seem more elegant and not as young. I always get a headache from them, and it totally sucks.

Anna {dear friend} said...

So I purchased the pink flower headband this weekend at the outlet mall! I am so excited to wear it. It lays flat on my head which I like because I wouldn't want it to be pouffy or anything. LOVE IT!!!