Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Power Yoga!

I have discovered an amazing workout this past week.

HOT yoga.

I decided to give this a try last Saturday, because my roommate Lauren had recently started doing yoga at a studio in Back Bay and had great things to say about the "practice". I chose Baptiste Power Yoga in Brookline Village because it was close to my apartment, and also, because I did a little research and this place had good reviews and decent prices too. I have been 5 times this week and I am officially hooked. For the first week, I was able to go to all classes for free, which is sneaky of them because now I want to go all the time!

Baptiste Yoga is held in a 92-95 degree room so literally you sweat like you just went swimming. NO joke! It seems like it might be kind of gross, and maybe to some people it is, but after awhile I just forget about it and enjoy myself. This yoga is so calming, the room is dim and you are truly forced to focus on your breathing. I find it to be difficult, but in the best way possible. Strengthening and empowering, I love that I have discovered this place.

* I have not been to a class quite this crowded yet, but it's possible to be this close to others if there are enough people!


25 Harvard Street
Brookline, MA 02445

2000 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140

No comments: