Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cafe Fixe


Today I stopped by Cafe Fixe on Beacon Street in Washington Square on my way home from volunteering. Such a cute little place! It seems like Cafe Fixe prides itself on simplicity. Everything is very basic, but it is just what you are looking for. They have delicious looking croissants (my favorite), muffins, and the like. I got a Cafe Au Lait and it is so incredibly creamy. I can't wait to try the latte next time- according to yelp it's fantastic. It's never very busy (I walk by almost every day) and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves while they are there. Small conversations happen outside on the mini tables, a student here or there is working at their computer, people are reading the paper, families with young children sit and eat breakfast: It has a pleasant ambience.

It's just such a nice place to stop in and get your morning beverage. A little pricey, but I can overlook that every once and a while. 4 stars in my book.
photo source: last 3 pics from yelp.com

Cafe Fixe
1642 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445

Hours:
Monday-Saturday 6:30 am-7 pm
Sunday 8 am-7 pm

No comments: