Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

LOVE: Duozo sushi.

I thought I would start this post off by confessing my love for sushi. I first discovered sushi my senior year in college thanks to my loving friend Caroline. We used to drive the quarter mile to Wegmans late at night, buy some to-go sushi, and sit in the car and devour it. What memories, right, friend? As I look back I laugh at the fact that we were eating sushi from Wegmans (even though it is the greatest grocery store on the planet, don't get me wrong). Since moving to Boston I have discovered the joys of more genuine sushi-- if American sushi is even genuine, I don't know-- but whatever it is, I love it.

A favorite of mine: The philadelphia roll
painting by Michael Naples

Caroline is also to thank for discovering the ultimate sushi hot spot in the Bean. She is somewhat of a restaurant guru, if you will, and I trust her with all my restaurant needs. Anyways, being roomates a few years back we liked to get sushi often and one day Cal found the most perfectly delicious place: DUOZO. IN-credible. I have now been a loyal fan for almost 5 years. That's a long time. A real long time. The sushi is more yummy than any other place I have tried and the ambience is so chic and modern.

Shrimp Tempura Maki from Duozo... BLISS!
Dear Friend: thank you for introducing me to the glories of Duozo.
To all others: Highly recommended. You must eat here.
Take me with you.

131 Dartmouth Street
Boston, Ma 02116
617.859.8886

1 comment:

C said...

Take ME with you. I am so Douzo deprived...sigh. I thought by eating there 4x a week I could get sick of it and not miss it. No dice. I probably have a high enough mercury level to be considered a public health hazard, though.