Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

This book needs to be on your bookshelf.

I am in love with this book.

Edward Tulane is a china rabbit-- an arrogant, narcissistic toy that, against his will, is taken on an astonishing journey that changes his life. This story is wonderfully special and it will touch your heart.

It is considered children's literature, but it's most certainly not only for children. Every adult should read this book. This is one that will bring tears of sadness, tears of pure joy, and one you will clutch to your chest when your through, replace on the shelf with satisfaction, and read over again and again.

This is a story about hope, and how it can be found in even the most devastating circumstances. And mostly, this is a story about love, how it can be found in the strangest of places, and how being loved and being able to love is what makes life so miraculous.

"Open your heart and someone will come for you."

Oh, how my heart has been touched.

4 comments:

alm. said...

LOVE this book.

Ms. Librarian said...

I just recently read this book and loved it too! I have started recommending it to kids at our school library. I found your blog while searching for some book images.

Monmon said...

Oh yes I totally Agree! This book is just so amazing!

dawnmercedes said...

I just finished reading this with my 3 kids...and we loved it. Laughing..and tearing up over it. We loved it!