Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Regal Paisley twist-front bandeau tank.


Today I purchased my first one-piece swim-suit since the 8th grade. It's super adorable and from j.crew: 2 things I require for most of my wardrobe. I decided to get the suit because it was on super-sale on the j.crew website. Awesome! Now, I have been wanting to get a one-piece for some time now, I could just never find the right one. I went last year with Hannah and Ali to try some on at L.L.Bean and boy was that a disaster. To put things simply I looked like I was twelve and wearing my old ballet leotard. I thought black would be slimming and flattering, right? Wrong. So after that experience I gave up on the whole one-piece idea for awhile, until my mom offered to buy me and my sister each a suit for the summer. I looked on the website for one I liked, but could not make up my mind. Plus this was pre-summer and all of the suits were close to one-hundo dollars. For serious. I could not bring myself to buy something I will only wear 3 months out of the year (only on the weekends plus that one luscious week in CC) for such a steep price. So up until now I have been making do with my last years suit, which is fantastic by the way (also j.crew), but I've still been yearning for that cute one-piece I've had in the back of my mind ever since they came back into style. Well, today I was randomly browsing jcrew.com when I came across this suit:
Isn't is great? I just hope it looks as good in person as it does on the website. I just love the print. I think it will look great on and will minimize imperfections because the print is so busy. The top of the suit is a twist front, which is the same as my two-piece from last year and I love it. Plus I like the strap that you can put around your neck if you'd like. I can't wait till it comes in the mail! It better fit/look good because I bought it on an impulse and it was final sale! Cross your fingers everyone... I'll let you know the final verdict when it arrives!!!

2 comments:

mkb. said...

how did it turn out?

Anna {dear friend} said...

The suit came in the mail today!!! It's INCREDIBLE. I cannot wait to wear it in Chatham! The print is everything I hoped it would be AND it fits like a dream! I feel like Allie in "The Notebook", so old fashioned and classic. Two thumbs up!