Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Horn Book Magazine

My first Horn Book Magazine (Jan/Feb 2010) came in the mail yesterday! Excellent! I already know I'm going to love this subscription--- it's just such a perfect resource for the teacher in me. In this issue I particularly liked the section on "Horn Book Fanfare: Our Choices for the Best Books of 2009"... gives me a chance to see what the experts think.


After reading through the list here are the books I'm most excited to find at the bookstore:

written by Liz Garton Scanlon
illustrated by Marla Frazee


written by Alice Schertle
illustrated by Petra Mathers

written by Joyce Sidman
illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I just added "Red Sings from Treetops" to my class's book wish list!! Yay!

PS-Recipe, added.

PPS-Just finished The Help. Dying it was so good.