Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Stratton Sundays.

It's Monday morning and I'm still on a skiing high from my day at Stratton Mountain, VT yesterday. It was a blast! This year I got the Stratton Sunday pass, which means every Sunday I will be heading north to the mountains of Vermont to strap on my skis and pretend I am Picabo Street. Whoo! One reason I am so in love with Stratton is because it's where I learned to ski so many years ago. Ah the memories. Back in elementary school my family used to head up to VT on February break, stay at my great-aunt Barbara's condo (RIGHT next to the mountain!), take ski lessons and enjoy the ski-side village. While at Stratton yesterday I got a chance to walk through the village and it was exactly the same as I remembered it.... just seemed a little bit smaller (isn't it funny how that happens when you get older?). Glorious. The skiing is amazing too-- they have so many lifts and trails, plus they have great snow! I'm told it resembles the ski mountains out west... hopefully I will get out there someday to experience western skiing for myself!
Here's a map of the mountain:
Check out the snow on the trees!
Here's the resort's village...almost feels like you're not in the US!
And there's nothing better than coming in a little early from the slopes and warming up with hot tea and a good book in the lodge!!

HAPPY MONDAY!

2 comments:

Hannah Montgomery said...

Sounds great!!!

I'm reading the same book- thanks cal for the recommendation :-)

Anna {dear friend} said...

I'm really loving the book... GREAT characters!!