Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Birthday fun at TORO.

Last night we went out to dinner to celebrate my 26th birthday! Zan, Meg, Josh and I tried out Toro on Washington Street in the South End. The mom I am babysitting for knows all the hot spots for restaurants and such so I had her write down a list of good places. I am so glad I picked Toro because it was amazingly delicious!
It was super crowded too, which to me is always a good sign. We had to wait about 45 minutes for our table but were able to get 4 seats at the bar and have some fun cocktails. I got a delicious La Granada (Christiania vodka, pomegranate, housemade grenadine, splash rosé cava)... it was excellent. Yummy, yummy. The dinner was tapas so we got to try out tons of delicious little mini plates. Everything was great- definitely Top Chef quality! We got a bunch of different plates between the 4 of us but I think my favorites were the Atun Crudo (Yellowfin tuna with citrus and soy), the Patatas Bravas (Fried potatoes with alioli and spicy tomato sauce), and the Hamburguesas de Kobe (Mini burgers with smoked tomato, alioli and pickled red onion)-- DEVINE! Finished off the night with some fried dough sticks with smoked chocolate on the side, topped with a birthday candle of course. It was an interesting dessert! I will be going back to this restaurant for sure. It gets 5 stars in my book!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Churros con chocolate!