Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Copley Farmers Market

Oh MY! I went to the Copley Farmers Market today and had a hay-day. The market runs on Tuesdays and Fridays from 5/19-11/24... which means I still have 2 more months of delicious and fresh fruits, vegetables, and baked goods. YUM-MMY. This is not my first time at the farmers market, but I did just start going this fall because I'm not working full time and actually have the hours off that the market is open. I love it. I look forward to Tuesdays so much now! Which, I might add, is AWESOME because seriously, who likes Tuesdays? Today I came home with all sorts of goodies: zucchini, heirloom tomatoes, raspberries, and the best chocolate banana bread in the whole entire country. I bought the big loaf this week because last time I bought the small loaf and ate the entire thing by myself in less than 2 hours. I thought I would be more generous and share this time around. Good thing I bought the big loaf too, because I ate quite a bit when I got home. Then Meg and Lauren had a go at it. And now there are only a few slices left (hopefully, they'll still be some around for b-fast in the AM). Man, that bread is something else.

Here's some photos I took today (some at the market and some of my purchases):

Hopefully I'll have time to swing by again on Friday. Just love having fresh local goodies in the APT. It's just so "animal, vegetable, miracle"!!

No comments: