Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Great times with KPrime.

Oh Kprime, how I love thee. This weekend on my way to Brooklyn for Bailey's shower I took a detour to the Upper East Side. I just needed to see my friend, Katie (aka Kprime). For both of my trips to NY in the past 2 months I've made sure to stop on by her neck of the woods to grab dinner and drinks and catch up. Life gets so busy we don't get together too often so when there's an opportunity to see her I WILL NOT pass it up.

The first time I visited this year we stayed on her side of town and enjoyed a nice meal at Fetch on 3rd Avenue. They had really fun drinks and I had a delicious order of buffalo chicken quesadillas. Katie and her friend Sam ordered the Beef Stew over egg noodles, which looked and tasted delicious. What a fun little place to try on a Thursday night in the city!
This past weekend, while back in NY for wedding festivities, again I took the route to Brooklyn via Katie's apartment. This time she made reservations in the East Village with a bunch of her friends from NY. We went to La Palapa, a cute Mexican restaurant with the most delicious Margaritas. YUM! We got pitchers of both the pomegranate and blueberry and I think we all thoroughly enjoyed both flavors. My meal was excellent: TINGA DE POLLO chile chipotle barbequed chicken and BISTEC char-grilled marinated skirt steak. Yummy yummy quesadillas (yes, I love quesadillas) and a side of corn sauteed with epazote (grilled onions). The entire experience was muy bien. Highly recommended if you live in NY!

2 comments:

Hannah Montgomery said...

Sooo fun and I am soooo jealous I wasnt there! XOXOXOXOXOxo

ee said...

ohhhhh, love the kprime/nanner pic. xo