Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Very awesome City Neighborhood Posters

A few weeks ago, while walking through Porter Square to class I came across this really cool map store, WardMaps on Mass Ave. I was early so I hopped inside for a minute to check things out. I love maps. I love all kinds of maps: old maps, new maps, funky maps, colorful maps. Maps are cool. WardMaps has mostly old maps of the city of Boston and surrounding towns. Most of them have an antique look which is nice-- don't know if they're truly vintage or not but they're interesting nonetheless.


One particular set of maps that caught my eye were these maps from Ork Poster. They are incredibly fun and colorful and I bought a Boston one right away! The print itself is on heavy paper and looks great in my $16 Target frame. I bought the blue one for my kitchen and I'm so excited to hang it up! I love it!



Jenny Beorkrem is the designer from Chicago. She wanted a unique and simple map for her living room but couldn't find the original design she was looking for. So she created it herself. From there she started to design different maps for popular cites. They are SO awesome. Check them out here and then visit the website to purchase one for yourself. A great gift for someone who likes simple, modern art.

Cool, right?! I know!!

No comments: