Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Friday Night Knitting Club

I stayed up late last night to finish this book and I was in tears by the end! It's about a strong woman named Georgia who is raising her teenage daughter alone in New York. She owns her own business- a knitting shop where the real magic of the book begins. The Friday Night Knitting club is formed with a few random acquaintances (all knitters or at least want-to be's) meeting to knit, eat, and enjoy each other's company every Friday night. Throughout the book you get to know each of the characters and their struggles and triumphs. By the end you get a glimpse into each of their lives and learn the value of love, friendship, and appreciating who you are.

I liked this book, especially the main character Georgia. An emotional ending, but one where when I closed the book I had a warm feeling inside. That's what this book is like, a warm cozy blanket keeping you satisfied. I don't knit, but after reading this book I sure wish I did. Overall a good read, one I will definitely recommend to my book club.

No comments: