Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The summer dress.

If you run quick to Anthropologie you will probably still be able to snag this fabulous summer dress. On SALE too. I was meant to buy this dress. It was fate how I found it. Everyday for the past week I've been walking by the windows of Anthro admiring not this dress, but a different one. The original dress I thought I was meant to own was hot pink with an amazingly fun ribbon around the waist. I thought I was in love. I even dreamed about how I would wear it to reunion weekend, or a wedding this summer. But as soon as I saw the dress in person I knew I had been fooled. It was cheap looking. And their was NO ribbon (it was an added accessory, a belt turned backwards). AND it cost $98. Puh-lease. I was a little ticked off about the misrepresentation between the window display and the real thing that I did a quick 180 to walk out of the store. That's when I saw the rack. The rack filled with these funky-cute summery dresses. Orangey and pink and navy blue. They were calling my name. And so, I listened and tried one on. And it was so perfectly adorable I decided then and there that this would be my new dress. My new summer dress. I love summer and I love dresses. And I love love love this $48.00 colorful, pretty, flowery, fantastic dress. Yes, yes, YES.

2 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

OMG i was in portland oregon last week and went to anthropologie and saw this dress too! they did not have it my size.

Anna {dear friend} said...

DARN! I am so in love with this dress. It's everything I've always wanted and more.