Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

heaven in a bowl of apple crisp!

So a few weeks ago I posted about apple picking with Zan and Meggers. Well, I made a delicious apple crisp with all those apples we brought home and I'd like to share it with you! It was so delicious. Heaven, really. And super simple too! That's what I'm all about when it comes to the kitchen. None of this Martha Stewart mumbo jumbo for me... make it simple, please, so I can enjoy myself.
Apple Crisp Recipe:

Ingredients:
4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used gluten-free!)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
(whipped cream or ice cream for topping!)

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.

2. Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.

3. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.


This came out absolutely DELICIOUS. Reminded me of the "crisp bar" back in the day at Hobart. Who remembers that? YUMMMM-O!

No comments: