Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

pretty ugly.

I just love these little ugly dolls!! They're so wacky and dare I say, adorable? I sure think so. I discovered them a few years ago while my friend was first starting up at her advertising job. All her co-workers were into buying these little figurines that were weird and goofy. So when I came across an ugly doll in a catalog I thought it would be a perfect little present for her! That was a couple of years ago, when there were only a few ugly doll characters. Now the creatures are everywhere, and after looking at the website I see they have over 20 uglys!



What kind of name is OX? No, not like the animal OX, as in HUG and KISS! How can he hug you with such short arms? OX uses his ears! He's not a very good listener, but he puts his ears to good use in many other ways! OX is great at magic, and his best trick is turning your stuff into his stuff.

Bop n' Beep love to do everything together. Be it an arguement over snacks, which movie to see, or what color race car not to drive, they always see things quite differently from one another. Bop gets along really well with Ox (they see things X to X) while Beep happens to think Wedgehead really knows his stuff. (just stuff, you know.)

Plunko is a business man. He’s got his own car wash, his own tire store, and ideas for lots of other stores. Some of those ideas are his very own! Plunko is a good guy to know. If you know Plunko, you can say you’ve got some connections. And if you call Plunko’s phone, you may get a bad connection.


I have collected 3 of my favorites. They match the colors of my room and I just think they add a touch of flair. They live on my bed between my sham pillows. They are pretty ugly, but super lovable too.

1 comment:

Peggy Burns said...

we have sooooooo many ugly dolls. TONS. we love them. and a few years ago, i found a ton on sale at the hallmark store in auburn, at about 75% off. i guess ugly dolls dont go over well in auburn.