Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scrumptious Corn Chowder

Today I made the most scrumptious corn chowder via my Crockpot.

It's super easy and super delicious. Very simple, which was exactly was I was looking for in tonight's dinner. Here's the recipe for you (from my very trusty Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook):

Corn Chowder
Makes 4 servings

6 slices bacon, diced
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cups diced peeled potatoes
2 10-oz pkgs. frozen corn
16-oz can cream styled corn
(I used 2 16-oz packages of frozen corn and one 8oz container of heavy whipping cream. They don't carry creamed corn at Whole Foods just FYI.)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup water

Directions:
1. In skillet, brown bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, reserve drippings.
2. Add onions and potatoes to skillet and saute for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. Combine all ingredients into slow cooker. Mix well.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 6-7 hours.
5. ENJOY!!

No comments: