Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WANTED: An organized life.


A life long goal of mine is to be organized.
Always has been, always will be.

I am fairly organized at the present moment, in almost all areas but a few. My downfall? Papers. You know, like old pay stubs and health insurance info? Camera instructions and bank memos? There are times when I can't see the top of my dresser and my mail pile is so high it seems like it's not far from the ceiling.
I love this secretary hutch from Pottery Barn.

I think I could really get control of all the papers in my life with this desk. Seriously, where in the world is one supposed to keep all their important documents as time goes by? I feel like over the past several years my folder of "important papers" has gotten fatter and fatter. In fact, I lied. It's not even a folder anymore. It went from a folder to a file box to three desk drawers, and now I just feel incredibly overwhelmed. Lately, papers and mail have been starting to overflow into my closet. When does it end? Where is all this stuff supposed to go? I'm too scared to throw it out. What if I need something next year and the document is sitting in a landfill? Yikes. Makes me nervous. So I guess for now, until I learn to let go, I will keep stuffing my papers into boxes in my closet and daydream about having a desk like this. So much space for filing! SO much potential for clean desktops! And it's not even ugly (like so many filing cabinets can be).

DREAM. An absolute organizers dream.

No comments: