Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Brookline Lunch

For the past 2 Sundays, Zan and I have been heading over to Central Square in Cambridge to get our breakfast fix at Brookline Lunch. This place is a diamond in the rough. It's food is fantastic and the atmosphere a little alternative, which is fun and different from my usual style. The place is super quirky---nothing matches, the ceiling is painted and drawn on, and local artwork hangs on the exposed brick walls. The wait staff is efficient enough and it's pretty quick getting in and out of there, even if you do have to wait a couple minutes to get a table. Last week I ordered the eggs benedict. YUM. This week Zan opted for the steak benedict (amazing) and I went with the special: chocolate chip pancakes. They were oh so chocolatey and oh so delicious. Three huge pancakes stacked on top of each other...I didn't have a chance of making it even halfway through so Zan got lucky and got to eat his meal, plus they remainder of mine. Clearly, he enjoyed himself. In fact he gave it two thumbs up. I second that!


9 Brookline Street
Central Square
Cambridge, MA 02138
Phone: 617.354.2983
Hours: Daily; 7am-5pm

No comments: