Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

zippin' around town.

Do you zip around with zipcar? I do!! I'm in LOVE with zipcar. It's genius! Basically, zipcar is a car sharing service. It's a way for someone to have a car without actually owning one. For me, living in Boston, it's great! I don't have the $$ or really any serious need to for a car, so zipcar is a great way for me to get around when I need to. Like today for instance: zipped to Target (love!) to pick up some things for the apartment, then I zipped over to j.crew to return some dresses, and then I zipped to whole foods for some healthy eats! All in just a few hours!

So basically, here's how it works:
1. You go online and choose the time frame you need a car. (They also now have an app for iphone!)
2. You get a list of cars available in your area (there are usually cars right down the street... a 5 minute walk at most).
3. You walk to your zipcar, open the doors with your zipcard, and away you go!
4. You zip around town doing errands or other such things...
5. You return your zipcar to the same spot you got it. ON time.
6. You lock your zipcar, kiss it goodbye until next time, and walk home!

Easy peasy. You don't have to pay for gas or insurance or parking. WOW! All you pay is a yearly fee (around $50, depending on your city) and then an hourly fee for the time your using it ($7-$12, depending on the car). I love having zipcar for those times I just need to get somewhere that's not T accessible. It works for me, maybe you should try it too! Zipcar is available over 50 cities, and even some college campuses. See if it's in your city!
Try car sharing... it saves the environment too!

No comments: