Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

South End Buttery

I am still drooling over the thought of my breakfast sandwich this morning and it's 10:oo at night! I had a little extra time this morning so I headed over to the South End Buttery. It's a real melt-in-your-mouth kinda place. I'm seriously salivating just thinking about it. I'm not even joking. I went here last week and ordered the Peanut Buttery: homemade peanut butter and Nutella on toasted croissant. It was so savory that I made a point to eat it super slow, as to make the flavors last as long as possible. I highly recommend this item on the menu. You can also get it with bananas or homemade preserves, which I will have to try sometime if I'm in the mood. Sounds scrumptious. Today I went with a real hearty breakfast item... the Buttery Country Biscuit: scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and aged cheddar on buttermilk biscuit. I want to eat this breakfast sandwich again tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day. I want to eat this breakfast sandwich every day for the rest of my life. The biscuit is out of this world buttery and delicous, the eggs were great, the cheese- aged perfectly, and the bacon? SO juicy, bring it on.

The Buttery has one awards for the past 3 years for their coffee AND cupcakes. YES! They have cupcakes!! And I bet they are insanely delicious. AND BUTTERY!
Don't you already love this place? Even if you haven't even been to it yet? How can you not? It's name is The Buttery. Anything with the word buttery in it has to be a winner. And clearly, it is.

314 Shawmut Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
Café Hours
6:30 AM - 8:00 PM daily
Brunch Table Service
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Saturdays and Sundays

No comments: