Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

nantucket.

So I'm in Nantucket for the weekend with the family that I babysit for. The house is right on the ocean so I can't really complain! It would be much nicer to be here with some friends and family though. Just saying. I love the main part of town. It's so adorable with it's cobblestone streets and little shops. Summer has clearly come and gone (*sigh), but it's still nice to be by the beach and smell the sweet salty air. We got here yesterday on the fast ferry and made it in to town today for some lunch at the White Elephant Hotel. They have a restaurant there called the Brant Point Grill and it sure was something to blog about. We ordered calamari for the table that was REALLY good. My serloin burger was just super, the best part being the FRIED PICKLES. They came on top of my cheeseburger. OMG amazing. Had some lemonade and terrific sweet potato fries...and other than that it was just a very pleasant meal with a very pleasant view. Great lunch!!! Now I am relaxing in my room overlooking the ocean. DREAM!

No comments: