Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

a bushel and a peck.

Today was gorgeous! A perfect fall day... so we decided to head out to the country and pick some apples! We chose Honey Pot Hill Orchard in Stow, MA and it did not disappoint. Apples, apples, everywhere, oh so many apples. I have to stop here and admit that I don't even really like apples. HA. It's something about the skin and the cold on my teeth. Just turns me off... BUT I do like apples baked, like apple pie and apple crisp. YUM. And I like apple cider and especially apple cider doughnuts. With lots of sugar on top. So even though I'm not in love with eating apples straight from the tree, the day was spectacular and the adventure was totally worth my while.

We got 30 pounds of apples. Oh my, we have a lot of baking to do.

Remember that song?...
A bushel and a peck.
(and a hug around the neck).

Here's some pics from today. The colors were phenomenal.

No comments: